At First Priority Screening our first priority is YOU. We have a remarkable rapport with our clients and we take great pride in knowing that we provide them with an unsurpassed level of service. Here is what you can expect from our team:
- When you call us you can expect to be greeted by an actual person. We don’t use elaborate message systems or have lengthy holding patterns. In the unlikely event you reach our voice mail you will receive a prompt response via phone or email - your choice.
- Your account will be managed by a single expert from our team. This ensures that whenever you have a question or whenever a new need arises, you can talk with someone that knows your business and can remember your last conversation.
- We will not sell you services you don’t need. Our team considers every new client consultation as the beginning of a long-term relationship, so why would we jeopardize that by trying to up-sell you or talk you into services that don’t make sense for you? Our experts will explain all of your options, make a recommendation based on their experience and your specific needs, and then it’s up to you. No pressure, no sales tactics.
- Our products and policies are in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and all other local and federal regulations, so that’s just one less thing you have to be concerned about. In fact, our experts can help you design a background screening strategy from scratch or perhaps even improve upon your existing procedures.
- No volume is too large or too small. Whether you are a Fortune 500 company ordering thousands of searches a month or a local Mom-and-Pop store ordering a few searches a year, we can meet your requirements and provide you with the exceptional service you deserve.
- Search results are only as good as the records they are based on, and you deserve to have confidence in your final reports. That is why we only collect information from proven databases and we only employ experienced researchers.
- Our convenient, user-friendly web-based ordering system puts you in control. Through our proprietary technology, you can order new reports, check the status of pending reports, and access previously ordered reports as often as you want, whenever you want. While our web-based interface is the most efficient way to order searches, we will also process orders received via fax or email.
- When you order a search you can anticipate receiving a completed report in only 48 hours (on average). Some requests we are able to complete almost immediately, while others, like reference interviews, take longer.
- Our reports are clear, concise, and easy to understand. You won’t need legal training or a secret decoder ring to decipher your screening results. However, if you do have questions, your Account Manager is always there to help.
- We make every effort to keep our prices competitive while still utilizing the highest quality and most reliable information. We are sure you will agree that our pricing coupled with our level of service is quite a bargain.
County Criminal Search
This search is the key to conducting a thorough check of the applicant’s criminal history. When a search is ordered for a particular county, we send a court researcher to the county courthouse to conduct a manual search of the records of the clerk of the court. This search contains the most detailed, accurate, and up to date criminal information and will provide a minimum of 7 years of criminal history. Additional court access fees may apply.
State-level Criminal Search
This search provides results obtained from the criminal databases that are maintained by individual states. The information available from the state databases various widely from state to state. It is recommended that any results obtained from this search be confirmed through a County Criminal Search, which will also provide a greater level of detail.
Multi-State Criminal Search
This search provides results from all available criminal and national security databases. The results of this search typically do not include any details of the reported offense. It is recommended that any results obtained from this search be confirmed through a County Criminal Search, which will also provide a greater level of detail.
National Sex Offender Search
A search of the Sex Offender Registries from 50 states and Washington DC is conducted. The results from this search typically include a photograph of the convicted felon.
Wants and Warrants Search
This search reveals active wants and warrants and identifies the issuing agency. Active warrants will not appear in criminal history searches so this search is often necessary to obtain a complete view of the applicant’s criminal behavior.
Employment and Tenant Credit Reports
The information contained in these reports includes bankruptcies, liens, judgments, and a credit history which provides a summary of how the applicant manages his/her financial obligations. These reports are also useful as an additional source of identity verification as they provide information on the applicant’s aliases, social security number, address history, and employment history.
A multi-state search is conducted to reveal if the applicant has any reported evictions in his/her rental history. Results from this search typically include the jurisdiction and the outcome of the eviction proceeding.
Driving History Search
This search provides a summary of the applicant’s driving record which may include traffic violations, driving related offenses, and restrictions/suspensions/revocations. This search may also reveal misdemeanor DUI convictions which are sometimes not included in the criminal histories of all jurisdictions.
Social Security Number Search
This search will provide information regarding the names, aliases, and addresses associated with the social security number provided by the applicant. A social security number search can also uncover information of fraudulent use of the number.
Workers Compensation Search
This search reveals claims submitted by the applicant for injuries he/she sustained while on the job. In some jurisdictions, additional release forms are required.
If approval is obtained from the applicant, the applicant’s previous employers are contacted to verify dates of employment, positions held, duties, performance, and salary (where available). Our verification specialists can use their standard sets of questions or clients can provide specific questions tailored to their industry.
Educational institutions provided by the applicant are contacted to verify dates of enrollment, degrees received, and grade point average. If the applicant is still enrolled, student status, credits earned, and projected date of graduation is verified. In many cases, student transcripts can be obtained for an additional fee.
The personal and/or professional references provided by the applicant are interviewed to inquire into the applicant’s character and abilities. Our verification specialists can use their standard sets of questions or clients can provide specific questions tailored to their industry.